Thursday, August 21, 2008

Still Waiting...No Visa

Sorry this comes kinda late. I'm still home, and I still don't have a visa. I found out the process can take up to 2 weeks. Why 2 weeks you ask?? I have no idea. I promise, I won't come to terrorize their country, I'm not going to spread an infectious disease (if anything, I should be worried about them), and I definitely won't be overstaying my visa limit and try to blend into society (that wouldn't be possible even if I wanted to try to blend in). The school received my information last week but who knows when they took it to the embassy, so who knows when I'll get my visa...
Anywhoo, I've been packing and repacking. I think I have the final arrangements of clothes now. In a way, I envy those who can pack their whole life into one suitcase an hour before their flight. I've never been able to do such a thing. I'm always packed at least a month before. I have to make sure I have the right color underwear to match my outfits, make sure my shoes match my purses, and make sure I have at least 20 more outfits then I actually need. What can I say, I'm my Mother's child, my Grandma's grandchild, and my Great-Grandma's great-grandchild. They've taught me well (better them then you know who... or maybe you don't. But lets not get into that).
So while I've been home I been able to spend more time with my family and friends. Especially my mother. I never knew how well rounded she was... she has commentary on everything. Yes, EVERYTHING! We were watching the synchronized diving during the Olympics. My mother says "oh, wow. This must be something new. I've never seen it before." Five minutes later, she going on and on about how one pair's rotation is completely out of sync and how "His splash was way too big." Are you serious?? Since when did you become an aficionado on synchronized swimming?? That's not even all of it. We were watching "Who's Wedding is it Anyway?" and she goes on to comment on this little person's wedding...really mom? REALLY? Now she's going to open up a shop for little people. All 5'7 of her...OK. Good luck on that one. Finally (not really, I just refuse to go on with her different commentaries), we were watching "The other Boleyn Sister" and "Elizabeth." Well, I think I'm going to a have to watch it again because I heard very little. The entire move, she's telling me who's who and what this one did to that one and who her father is and how those two are cousins. I'm not lying when I tell you my mother knows everything. I love her though and I'd rather have her many commentaries than anyone else's :)
I also get to go to my little sister's 15th birthday party on Saturday (Happy Birthday Kasey!!). I didn't think I would be here for it but I am so I can help her celebrate. I also get to see my boyfriend again! I'm going back to VA to see him and see him practice. It won't be a game, but I can see him play since it's his last year.

*Senior Day 2007*

I'm really going to miss a lot while I'm away. Especially Hampton. I'm going to miss my first Alumni Homecoming, the Howard v. Hampton game, My boyfriend's Senior Day, and a lot of other stuff that I have come to love these last 4 years. I also thought I was going to miss those tuition payments... Was I wrong! Hampton boasts "An Education for Life." It should be "Education Payments for Life." And that's all I'm going to say about that.

I guess I'll go back to checking my e-mail every five minutes for my visa number and I 'll keep you updated on my "Seoul Happenings"

Until Next Time :) And Hopefully I'll be on my way to the airport!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so flattered to be a part of your blog and glad to know that I'm so knowledgable.

Luv ya anyway!!

Anonymous said...

You and your mama are just alike. You know you can talk during a show too.... especially when Im playin a game! lol But its ok, I still love you. And Ima see you soon.... In a way im hopin you dont get your visa. Call it what you want but i guess its the only way I can keep you here. The demand for jobs in VA is booming!! Stay here!!! I'll think of a way to get it before you do. Cant wait to see you one last time tho! Love you!!!

Kasey McClary said...

just forget...me huh...thats crazy...as shit...but its all good

Look Who's Reading

Where People Are Reading