Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Just One Of Those Days

So I woke up today, and it was just a regular old day. I talked to Mommie and Kory, had breakfast and got dressed. I had plans to help Andrea get her cell phone so I had to leave early. I went to the jewelry store first to see if I could get my bracelet that Kory bought me fixed. So I went in and as soon as I showed him my bracelet he said no. I didn't even get to say a word...Whatever!! So I just turned around and left. I didn't have time for uncooperative people. So I went to the bus stop and waited for the bus. When I got on, I sat down and attempted to fix my bracelet and I thought I did a pretty good job. I tugged at it and it didn't budge. So I did the stupidest thing that I could think of... I put it on. Why I did that, I will never know, because about 30 minutes later when I met up with Andrea, it was gone. I had only went into 2 stores so went backed and looked for it but didn't see it (and while I'm looking, it started to rain and of coarse I have no umbrella). It must have fallen on the bus. I felt and still feel sick. That was the first thing Kory ever bought me, and I always got compliments on it. And now because I didn't want to wait to find someone who could fix it, it's gone. I have that same feeling I had when my stuff got stolen last year :(. I called Kory right away and told him what happened. He kept saying it was ok, but it really isn't.
Andrea and I got on the subway and went to the Seoul Global Center (where I got my phone). It was so easy and stress free and cheap (a brand new phone for 10,000 won. you can't beat that), she wanted to do the same. We went in, she picked the contract, paid for her phone, and was out in about 30 minutes. We went back to the subway and I went back to the stores I had been in earlier to check again for my bracelet. Still no sign of it and I still felt sick. So I got on he bus and she went back home because she only had her 7-10 class and I only had my 4-7 class. After about five minutes into the bus ride, the traffic is ridiculous and even though I left in enough time, I was gonna be late for work. UGH!! This awful day just went on. I got to work 10 minutes late which wasn't bad and I dumped everything out on my desk hoping that maybe my bracelet was in my bag. NOPE. I'm gonna have to accept that it's really gone. I week after my anniversary I decide to lose my bracelet...
MISSING
PINK & SILVER TENNIS BRACELET
(LARGE PINK STONES FOR THE "O's" & SIX SMALL STONES THAT MAKE UP EACH "X")
IN A SILVER SETTING
CLASP IS A PUSH AND CLIP
IF FOUND PLEASE CONTACT AviD

If you're in Seoul and you see anyone with this bracelet. STOP THEM! They know D*** well it isn't theirs!



I did get a computer in my classroom though :/
After class was over, I had plans to meet Christina for dinner. We went to an Indian restaurant which isn't far from either one of us. Kind of the central point. Her coworker John was there too and we had some good conversation. I took the bus home (yes the bus! I'll talk about that a little further down) and decided to do some laundry. I took my jeans off and threw them in the washer with the rest of my stuff started it up and called Mommie. Well, about 20 minutes into our conversation, I hear this clunk in the machine. I stop it and what do I find?? MY CELL PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!! You've got to be kidding me!!!!!!!!!!! Out of all the years I've had a phone I've never!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was just the continuance of my delightful day!! And the "I wanna throw up" feeling got even worse.
So besides this horrible day, things have been going well. I found out why the bus never stopped in front of my house a couple weeks ago. There was construction being done and the street that the bus comes down was closed (I found this out when I had some time on my hands and decided to try the bus again). I took it this evening and I made it home so the construction is over and I can take it from now on without any problems.
I think my school is trying to pull one over on me. They're telling me that if I decide to take insurance (which is obligatory per my contract) all will have to pay taxes up the wahzoo so I don't need to get insurance nor do I need to pay into the Korean pension. Now everyone that I have spoken to and the research that my mother has done says that it is mandatory for EVERYONE to pay into the Korean pension. So what they are talking about, who the H*** knows. But let the Korean IRS or Immigration try and come after me. My hagwon, as well as Seoul will get turned the H*** out. But hopefully, everything will get settled before things get ugly.
This past weekend was good. I went to dinner with Andrea Saturday night. We went to a Chinese Restaurant and after about 30 minutes of the waitress' lack of English speaking and understanding, we received all of the dishes we ordered. Geesh! Sunday, I went to brunch with Christina and Kara and then we hiked up a mountain. YES! I hiked up a friggin mountain with jeans and Pumas on. I definitely don't recommend it. By the time we got to the top, I felt like Fat Albert after running a block behind an ice cream truck. I was wheezing all over the place and guess where my inhaler is??... SOUTH JERSEY! An asthmatic without her inhaler... Great. But I was fine after a while. I think I'm growing out of the whole asthma thing...hopefully. The whole hiking thing brought back bad memories of camp. If you ask my former campers and students, they will all tell you I HATE THE WOODS! I resident camp counselor who hate trees...yea, that makes sense. But they all found it hilarious. I actually miss a lot of my campers.
I'm sorry if this entry wasn't as comical as the others. Just not in the "comedian" mood today. I'm going to go and read a book and then call it a night.

Oh. And before I forget, I want to give a shout out to all of my internationa and US readers (the people that I don't know)!! I hope you all are enjoying my "Seoul Happenings!"
Until Next Time

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey babygirl,

As Everett says, the bracelet can be replaced and so can the phone. Don't sweat the small stuff.

I'm sure all of your korean readers will be paying close attention to people's bracelets, so maybe you'll still find it...lol

luv and miss ya!

Mommy

Anonymous said...

Hey Bookie. Bracelets and phone re replaceable.... you are not. I was just glad that when i called you, nothing serious happened. I understand how you feel tho... if i lost your first gift i would be upset too, but dont worry. Either the Korean community will help you find it or you'll get a better gift later on down the road :). Dont ask me wat it is cuz i dont kno yet lol. And STOP APOLOGIZING! Its ok. I promise. I love you very much. Evereyday is another day closer to me seeing you again :). And now that the rough day is over, there is nowhere else to go but up! Have a goodnight and a great day!
-Kory

nikkiviolin said...

Hey Avi,

I'm sorry you had a tough day. Wow! I'm very glad to hear that you are okay! I hope you will find your bracelet. Maybe someone will return it. Things here in Philadelphia are fine. Please keep your spirits up and keep praying. I love your pictures. It is really helpful in seeing where you work and who you teach. I'm so glad you decided to take a chance and go abroad. Everything will work out in the end.

Take care and God Bless!!!

Monique

Jelly said...

Hi-

Sorry to hear about your lost bracelet, but please get a Korean you know (maybe one of your coworkers?) to look up and call the central bus terminal, and get the lost and found phone number. There's a good chance it was found and turned in. I lost a whole bag of duty free goodies at Incheon in August and it was found and directed to their lost and found in mere minutes. I also know a lot of people who've gotten their cell phone returned to them, and I had my digital camera looked after when I dropped it at a downtown bar. Good luck.

Look Who's Reading

Where People Are Reading