Sunday, October 12, 2008

My Weekend

So this weekend went pretty well. I went to school on Saturday and then met up with Christina later on that evening. We went to Itaewon to have dinner and look for cell phones. We ate at a Thai restaurant and I had red curry with beef. I Love Curry! I love spicy food so me and curry go hand and hand. Let me stop... I LOVE FOOD. PERIOD! Food and I have always been very close.
We decided to get a prepaid phone instead of a phone plan, so after dinner we went looking. I guess we went too late because there was only one store open. He had a lot of used phones, but he wanted 180,000 thousand won!! Not for a USED phone. So we are going to go to the techno mart Wednesday morning and hopefully we have better luck.
I went to E-mart this morning to do a little food shopping. It was a lot less chaotic and I was able to find what I wanted without people running over my heels and being pushed and shoved every which way. I found the right kind of pasta this time so hopefully, I want have a glob of yuck on my plate again and I also found 'Pasta Sauce." I also got some steak, rotisserie chicken, and snacks and things.
After I came, home and put my groceries away, I went and met up with Andrea. We went to lunch at On The Border (yea, I came to Korea to go to a Mexican restaurant...) and I must say I was actually full when we were done. The we went to Costco. There are some things there that I can't find at E-mart. I got hash browns, muffins, stuffed pasta, and chicken fingers.
After we finished our shopping (which was a lot more chaotic than my morning), I decided to take the bus home. Someone at the store told me that I could catch the bus and go right home and since I had a little bit of stuff, it sounded like a good idea. Andrea caught a cab and I headed for the bus stop. Well, every time my bus came and I told them the stop (in Korean mind you), they would shake their head and tell me no. That should have been a sign for me to walk my butt back to the train station and take the subway, but I was convinced that I was gonna learn how to navigate the bus system. While looking at the map, I noticed that another bus that serviced the stop went to my neighborhood so I decided to get on that. The bus came and I got on and about four stops later, things weren't looking right. I saw a huge mountain in front of me and I had crossed the Han River. Now, I know I live by a lot of mountains, but that one just didn't look familiar, and I live on the other side of the Han...Da Da DAAAA!!!! I'M GOING IN THE WRONG DIRECTION!!!! I ended up back by Andrea's house (where we went for lunch)! I was quite upset, but I didn't let it get to me. The man at Costco took me to the bus stop and told me to get on the bus there...WRONG...I needed to be across the street. So I just got off the bus and took the subway. I KNOW how to get home from the subway. So as a result, I am through with the Seoul bus system. Two bad encounters is enough to tell me that I need to stick with what I know...the subway.
So I made it home, reorganized my refrigerator so everything would fit and started to wash my hair. I love the feeling of clean hair. So I washed it, combed it out and talked to Mommie. I decided to blow dry it and call her back. So I plug my blow dryer into my converter and set it on high (what I normally do because my hair is so thick), but high was sounding and feeling like low. I tried adjusting the settings and still it wasn't working right. I just figured it would take me a little longer to get the job done, but I would manage. NOT!! Next thing I know, my dryer blows out and my converter started smoking...The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire! We don't need no water let the M'nFer burn! Burn Burn! Burn baby burn...OK, I'm back (LOL). Yea, so that's two converters gone. And of coarse they are the ones that I paid 13,000 won a piece for. So now, I am sitting here letting my hair air dry and it is just poofing up. I look like a poodle...
So what did you think of the VP and Presidential debates?? I wish I was in school. Being a poli sci major, any election can be very exciting. I just want to be able to discuss politics and what not but I haven't found a buddy for that yet. Still looking. But that Palin... she can't seem to answer a question! 'Question: Gov Palin, what do you think of alternative ways of energy? Answer: Well, being the governor of a great energy producing state, I just love to drill for oil. DRILL BABY DRILL! And I love this country. And the Maverick, Senator McCain, is such a great man and I can't wait to be VP of this great nation. And I wanna give a shout out to all my Hill Billy friends. And if I don't like you, you will be fired! Thank you. Audience: WTF??!!!?' And this is who the Republicans put their faith in?? I'm sorry, but I think I would prefer Shamu... but that's just my opinion. Really though, IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE!!! GO OBIDEN!! And my kids feel the same way. Maybe I can finagle a way to get them some ballots...any suggestions?
I would love to keep writing but I need to figure out something to do with this Diana Ross doo I have going on... man I miss Shavanni!! Anyone wanna come do my hair? I give you a couple thousand won!
Until Next Time!

No comments:

Look Who's Reading

Where People Are Reading