Thursday, October 2, 2008

Nothing Much...

So nothing exciting has been going on. My voice is still hoarse and some mosquitoes tore my hands up last night. Its been pretty warm here. Yesterday was beautiful. 80 degrees and its supposed to be like that until Friday. Then the rain comes.
Anywho, today is Thursday (ugh!). I hate Tuesdays and Thursdays with I passion. I have my worst class on these days. Memory English Mega (the 7th - 9th graders). On Tuesday, they were out of control, and one boy put hiss foot in another boy's face. I yelled and asked him if he wanted me to put my foot in his face. He just looked at me. And I had to catch myself a couple times. I almost told them to SHUT THE F*** AND SIT THE H*** DOWN!!! Maybe I should have. I think I'm going to try cussing at them in Spanish. Maybe it will relieve the stress. I'm sure they're doing it in Korean. Yea. I think that's what I'll do. Every time I get the urge to smack one of those little A*SHOLES I'll just say "budah" (sp) or another choice word that I learned back in elementary school. And I'm sure that my English Chip class at 4pm will put me in a good mood. Enough so that I'll be able to cuss with a smile :)
My English Chip class are one of my classes that want to punch Lee Muyng-bak, blow up Japan, and get rid of Bush. They are so funny. There is also a girl, Pi, who loves chicken. Every time I ask her to make a sentence using one of our vocabulary words, she talks about chicken. How she likes it in her mouth. How it runs across her lips and in her stomach. Chicken, chicken, chicken. She is funny.
Oh, and my Monday/Friday Memory English Mega class wanted to know if I was from South Africa because we were studying the apartheid. After I told them no and showed them where I was from on the map, they still asked if I spoke Afrikcaans, if I was allowed to play with white kids, and if I knew Nelson Mandela. Geesh. I should have told them not all Black people live in Africa like all Asians don't live in Korea. Well, I'm sure it will come up again and I'll use my analogy.
I had some McDonald's yesterday. I had to go to the stationary store and there's a McDonald's a couple feet from there. I figured it was ok since I don't eat it often. It's my luxury since there isn't one anywhere close to where I live. I had chicken strips which are extremely spicy, fries, and a vanilla milkshake. Oh it was so good. I think my eyes rolled up into the back of my head as I was eating. I've been wanting sweet stuff and since my refrigerator is practically bare, I think it is time for me to go on a grocery run and sweets will be on the top of my list. Mommie sent me some stuff last week and this week she is sending me Tasty Kakes, sticky buns and cookies. I probably won't get until next week but I am so looking forward to it. And three of my bagels and my last muffin started to mold. I was so upset. It never dawned on me to put it in the fridge. I never had to at home, but I guess now I know.
I haven't gotten a good nights sleep since I've been here. I keeping waking up multiple times in the middle of the night. Why? I have no idea. And I don't want to become a slave to Tylenol PM but that's what it looks like it will come too. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm welcome to anything... almost anything.
My first Anniversary is in a week and six days. It's a bitter sweet feeling because Kory and I have been together for a year and are still going strong but I can't be with him on that day. So it's exciting and a little depressing at the same time.
Have I told you about the lack of non-matching people I've seen during my 25 days here??!! I'm not talking about not matching your underwear to what you are wearing (that would just be asking way too much), and I know its OK to wear plum nail polish on your toes and red on your finger nails (Katt Williams told me so), but WHO TOLD THESE PEOPLE THAT FLORAL AND STRIPES MATCH!!!!!????!!!!! Are you kidding me?? Polk-a-dot and plaid, purple and orange, socks and heels!!! And some of them have the nerve to look at me on the subway with a stank face. Ho, have you looked in the mirror today?! WHAT YOU ARE WEARING IS STANK!! I think I need to make a color coded chart. Better yet, I'm going to report these people to TLC's "What Not To Wear." Clearly non of them have been to Seoul's Fashion Week.
OK...I'm sorry. I just really needed to vent about that for a minute. I'm not a shallow person, but I'm use to seeing people who take time and pick out their outfit in the morning or even the night before (I went to Hampton remember. Wearing pj's to class was against the "Standards of Excellence." And I'm sure so was Polk-a-dot and floral patterns on the same person at the same time).
Wow, I said I didn't have much to talk about but it seems as though I've found a couple things. I have to go now and get ready for school...UGH! Please pray that the 7-10 o'clock hours pass me by in haste.
And can someone please let me know if I can watch the VP debates anywhere online. That is something not to be missed.
Until Next Time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

See Bookie, you have to threaten the life outta those kids. You are not using the tools given to you. You have been given the green light to smack the crap outta those kids. Have you ever seen the old looney tunes cartoons where elmer fudd would shoot daffy duck in the face and his beak would end up on top of his head, to the side of his ear, backwards, on the ground...... thats the same thing you shud be doin to them kids wen they step outta line. Stop thinking of it as cruel punishment and think of it as a gift from God and use that blessing to the best of your ability! With that said, nno one is going to miss you more on october 15th more than me.... I dunno wat Im gonna do, but just know that its the first anniversary of many and i dont mind spenidng it apart despite how hard it wil be. If we make it thru this, the rest of life with you shud be a cakewalk (although I doubt you'll make it that easy for me lol.... just kidding). I love you very much as always, Im proud of you and Im praying for you. Have a great day today Bookie, and dont forget your gift! Never leave home without it! Its a Blessing! LOL
-Kory

Anonymous said...

Hey babygirl,

luv the new color...lol

Sounds like things are going better, with the exception of your 7-9 graders.

I think swearing in spanish is a great way to relieve stress. Dont forget Puto/Puta, bese mi asno and hijoputa (mf) ano (ahole), I know this is inappropriate, but, whatever works for you. lol

Keep writing, working and enjoying your experience.

luv and miss ya much!!!!!


Mommy

Unknown said...

Avi,
It seems as if your 7th-9th graders need a lesson in behaving themselves. I suggest you bring a switch to class and give them a lesson on how to listen and keep his nasty foot where it belongs, lol. I think your doing a wonderful job, and it amazes me how strong and courageous you are. To be your age and make a life-changing decision to travel to Korea and teach is nothing less than Exciting and Brave. Trust that your trials and tribulations are not over. GOD uses those to give us Testimonies of how good HIS work is. And with GOD and your Mother by your side, you have nothing to worry about.

Always Wishing you The Best That Life Has To Offer!!!

Denise

Look Who's Reading

Where People Are Reading