Sunday, September 28, 2008

My Breaking "Trough" and "Expansion"...

Well all, on Saturday, September 27th at 9:33am (Sept. 26th @ 8:33pm EST), I had a complete meltdown. I computer randomly shut down while I was talking to my mom, I had only had about three hours of sleep, I was sick, lonley, no one seemed to be available when I needed to talk, Kory and I seemed to be not seeing eye to eye, I was frustrated and my computer was "the straw that broke the camal's back." I'm sure my neighbors thought a mad woman lived in their building. I balled up in a corner and scremaed and cried. I just completely shut down and was ready to head for the airport.
I am now hoping that that was my "trough" as it's known in economics. The lowest point or level of output/production. The good thing about a trough is that there is no where to go but up... "peak." Now I can't go directly from trough to peak...I need an "expansion," and that is what I'm going through right now (that macroeconomics class paid off. I'm putting my Hampton education to work! lol). So my expansion is looking pretty good right now. I went out last night with Andrea (one of my co-workers), Christina, one of her co-workers, Sam, someone who trainedwith else, and a host of other people. But I think I would have had a better time if I wasn't so fresh out of my trough. After we went to the COEX, had dinner, and sat and talked at this really nice bar, some people decided to go a club and others headed home. I didn't really feel up to it and didn't have my "club" attire on, but I was talked into going to the club. When we got there, the guy at the door said 20,000 won. What?? I've gotten into clubs for less and got a couple of drinks but at this particular place, the 20,000 got you into 2 clubs and A free drink. Now you know I like to shake my booty, but unfortunately, I had to pass this go-round. And since I haven't gotten paid yet, and probably going to need to go grocery shopping again, I figured I would wait to try it out when I'm in the right mind to party and can pay for a drink. Maybe Kory and I will go if he comes to visit. Speaking of, Kory and I have worked out our misunderstandings. I was upset with him but it was really my computer's fault.
I've been reading my Bible (I kind of skipped from Leviticus to Psalms, but don't worry. I'm gonna backtrack. But I felt as though Psalms and Proverbs is where I need to be right now).
I had some McDonald's and a milkshake (what I was craving for a while) and that also made my day.
I've prepped my lessons for Monday-Wednesday and a little of Friday's and now I'm heating up some chicken (I'm about to turn into a chicken at the rate I'm going with all of my consumption of chicken. I feel like I'm back in Hampton with its 33 different ways to make it) and jammin on my Gospel play list.
Oh, did I tell you I have to work on Christmas and New Years!!!!! I'm so hot. I knew I didn't get holidays off, but I thought that meant we had those days off and would just make up the missed hours. NOT!! So while all of you are gathered around the tree with family, and bringing in the New Year at church, a party, or watching fireworks, I'll be in class. Well, not at midnight, but you know what I mean. No one to kiss under the mistletoe this year. And ain't that a B**** cause I have a boyfriend.
Anywayz, have I told you about my Tuesday/Thursday Memory Mega class?? Well they're 7-9th graders and I just wanna slap the s*** out of them. OMG! All I do is mostly yell. Then my head instructor Janice (who I found out isn't actually the head instructor so I have no idea what her position is) comes in and yells at them and hits some of them. That's right, in Korea, teachers can hit their students (if I did, them little heathens would have black eyes. I wouldn't hit them...I'd fight them). Before I knew this, one of my students was telling me how his teacher hits them. I was thinking "should I report this?? Call child protective services?? But then they all started talking about it, so I figured it must have been the norm, which I later confirmed. But back to the heathen class... they are horrible. I told one of them to go home. I was tired of looking at him and what did he do??? That little monster had the nerve to show up to class on Thursday! UGH!! And the thing is, this is one of my lower level classes. My 2-3rd graders are at a higher level but they are so cute and adorable and well behaved... all but a couple, who cannot be compared to "Satan's seeds" on Tues/Thurs. Go figure...
I've also learned that my kids want to blow up Japan... that's right. They're obviously upset about the Korean War but when they started talking about what they wanted to do to the Japanese, my mouth hit the floor. I had to quickly move on to another topic which wasn't much better. They started to call the kids that they didn't like "North Koreans." Yea... they don't care for North Koreans either. They all want to kill Lee Myung-bak, South Korea's President. Clearly my kids have some built up resentment. And number three on their sniper list... you guessed it... George W Bush! They told me how Bush for some reason wants to personally take out South Korea. I don't blame them. I'd have a pool in that pot as well. And they all love Obama!!! They tell me "Teacher, Obama good, McCain bad!" I wonder if they know about Palin.
Speaking of that pitbull, have you seen her interview with Katie Couric?? Geesh, she is truly a dumb pile of rocks! How do you not now where your running mate stands on some issues. I think she took pieces of her speech and put them together and came out with that BS. I actually feel bad for the republicans... it's not too late to change parties, but if Palin is ever sworn in as President, I don't want to hear how she spent all your money to go drill for oil in Alaska and you are reduced to Section 8. I'll be chillin in someplace other than the U S of A.
And what in the world is going on on Wall Street?? All I know is America is in some deep doodoo. Maybe I'll just have my family pack up and join me in South Korea until the US gets its ISH together.
Well I should be going. My chicken is calling me.
Until Next Time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a difference a couple of hours make.

Keep on expanding babygirl!!!!

PS: I agree with your kids re: George Bush!

Luv,

Mommy

granmom mimi said...

I always read your blogs. I don't like to write like you and carla so you keep writing and I'll keep reading because I really enjoy it
you're going to be fine just keep the faith
LUV,

Unknown said...

Dear Avi,

I hope that the "trough" you talk about is fastly "peaking". I want so much for your experience in S. Korea to be memorable in a good way. I pray that God continually is a fence around you (physically and mentally), protecting you from all hurt, harm and danger.

I usually read your blog on Friday's; however, I spent this past weekend in VA at a family celebration. I thought about you immensely as I remembered your sharing in similar events during your first and subsequent years at HU. Boy, how time passes. It's amazing how we grow and change with time.

Avi, I can't articulate enough how proud I am of you and how blessed I am to have someone of your magnitude in my life. Keep reaching for the stars.

Love ya,
Mr. William

Anonymous said...

You just tell them kids that if they dont behave and shape up, your boyfriend is coming in as a substitute teacher and they wont be studying english. We'll be going over proper torture procedure. And the only way to learn that is with the lights out, blind-folded in a small room. So basically its all hands-on experience.... and I dont think they want me to put my hands on them! Lol, and the lil kids are funny with their political views. But I agree with them. Pray that Obama wins, cuz I really dont wanna have to move my whole life to another counrty.... I dont know how I would get Vicki to South Korea :(.... Well, keep it up Bookie. Your trough is over, you are on the rise! I cant wait to see you. I wanna be the first to hug you wen I get there so if someone there tries to hug you, tell them no thanks, my boyfriend will be here soon. Love you Bookie!
-Kory

Look Who's Reading

Where People Are Reading