Monday, November 24, 2008

Egh

So this entry is going to be short. Just giving you a little something to read. I'm really not in the mood to write right now.
I got my hair done on Friday and finally, my hair and I are on speaking terms again. I was so relived when Kim (the lady who did my hair) broke out with the olive oil instead of the coconut oil! So, if you are in Korea, and have "ethnic" hair. see Kim. She does a really good job and her prices are very reasonable. Message me if you want her number. I'd rather not put it out there for all of internet land to see.
So on my way home my hair and I had a long conversation. Since we hadn't spoken in two weeks, there was a lot to catch up on. Our first topic was about one of my horrible students telling me that I resembled the gorilla in the story book. I believed I was the bigger person in this situation and said "No Ye Won, you're the on that looks like a monkey." And left it at that. Now, some of you might think that was immature of me, but if this was a year ago, I would have had a lot more to say. So I think that was a big step. My hair however told me that I should have cussed that ignorant child out, but then that would have just frustrated me even more because I would have had to break down what I was saying to her in simple sentences which would lose the whole point that I would be trying to make.
Another discussion my hair and I had was when another of my jerk face students told me I was a lesbian. Again, being the bigger person, I told him that he like boys and that's why he sat next to the same boy everyday. My hair told me that I should have returned with "That's not what your daddy said last night!" All I could do was laugh because that was the first thing that popped into my head when that little A**whole told me that. Clearly you can tell that my hair knows me very well. But if I told Min-Suk my witty come back, I think it would have went right over his head, So I decided to leave it be.
Speaking of Min-Suk, he disgruntly informed me that I have been pronouncing his name wrong. And then proceeded to tell me how to pronounce his name. "Teacher, its Min SEEEEOOOOOK." I wish you could have seen the face he had when he said this. All I could think of was that this boy drops his jaw a little too low for me. Also, I kept thinking "Go to the US Min-Suk, and wait til all the little boys and girls start to say 'Min-Suk sucks...!'" After half an hour of me trying to get his name right, I just told him that he will never say my name right and I'll never say his correctly either. So get over it! Maybe I should have been a little nicer, but it was the last time I would have him in my class (for at least 3 months anyway) so I really didn't care...Bad Teacher!
I went out Saturday after school. Erica, the girl we met in the French village is leaving on Wednesday, So we were having our "farewell" evening. We went to Rodeo Drive (yes, in Korea) ate and walked around a little then went to Gangnam to meet up with Kara's co-workers. We had a really good time and I like her co-workers. They're a lot of fun.
I didn't do anything yesterday but laid around and watched "The Real Housewives of Atlanta." It's a good show. And since I would like to move to Atlanta, it shows a little about how life is like in ATL. Well, one type of life. We all know I will not be living in a mansion and be invited to grand parties and such. I'll be lucky if I can get in a club...
Speaking of moving to Atlanta, I will need a job when I get there, but I have no idea what I want to do with my life. This experience has already proved to me that I am not cut out to be a teacher despite the fact that I love kids. Eh. So that now narrows my future careers paths to Attorney, Child Psychologist, Writer, or something in International Relations. I'm doing research to see exactly what it is that interests me, but have interest in all of them. Maybe I'll be able to figure it out sometime before I need to take the LSAT or GRE.
It's Monday so I have the "blah" feeling. "I don't wanna be here." "I wanna go home." You know... I'm sure I'll feel better tomorrow. But then again, I don't know. Thursday is Thanksgiving and I'll be at work... I am going to Thanksgiving lunch at the Hilton, but it still won't be the same. Anyone wanna front a thousand dollars do I can come home?? LOL.
I've been feeling a little neglected lately which I'm sure is adding to my "blahness" (yea, you know you like that word. I think I'm gonna copyright it, along with my first and iddle names). I don't expect every one's lives at home to completely stop since I'm not there, but I also don't expect for people to ignore me either. One thing I hate is being ignored. And of course its not taken seriously because I'm AviEllé...Miss Melodramatic....The Princess of Pessimism. But I really feel ignored. Ugh. I guess I'll get over it. Don't have any choice do I? And for those of you who read my blog regularly, I apologize if you suddenly have the urge to go to the roof of whatever building you are in and jump because of my lack of optimistic thoughts. And for those who are not regular followers, don't read any past entries. I don't want you to suffocate in my pool of negativity (consider yourself forewarned. I will not be held responsible for anything you do if you read past entries). From here on, I will only look at the bright side of my experience (or at least only blog about the bright side).
Today starts a new term so I'm going to go to school early today. I have to find this "Welcome Packet" that I haven't heard about since training, and no one at my school has told me where I can find it, so I guess I will go on the hunt alone. Nothing new. Also, everyone at home is either sleeping or out. So I might as well go in and be productive,
Well, this entry was longer than I expected (hope this is satisfactory for you Mom :P)
Until Next Time

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Babygirl,

I'm sorry you're feeling the Monday Blahs and felling ignored. but that is so not the case.

Because of the time difference, people don't always know a good time to contact you. Sometimes you are out and sometimes they are out, but that doesn't mean that you aren't constantly in everyone's thoughts and prayers.

All of us who know and luv you are used to your melodramaticness (my new word), but we luv you anyway.

We know that you aren't going to be smiling all the time but we also don't expect you to be constantly miserable. You dont have to put on a happy face for us, that would probably make you even more miserable. You have to be able to vent to people who care.
but we want to hear about the good times too. It can't all be bad.

Be proud of what you are doing, and embrace this new experience. You certainly don't want to look back years from now and regret that you didn't make the best of this wonderful opportunity. And it is a wonderful opportunity! You're a strong, caring, adventurous and amazing young woman, Let Korea see what we see, let them get to know a little about AviElle' and in turn you can find out a lot about Korean people, culture and country. Open yourself up a little more and you just might begin to enjoy it. See the glass as half full instead of half empty. I know you can do it because mamma didin raise no punk!

Luv and miss ya much!!

Mommy

PS: yes your post was sufficient.

Anonymous said...

PS:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Dolce said...

Aww Avi, it will get better. And LoL @ your response to those terrible little children!! I am so shocked at their lack of manners!!
Very good that you and your hair are best friends again- it's hard to fall out with someone (or in this case something) that knows you so very well :-).
I am counting down the days to my arrival! Hopefully we can all do lunch. How was the "Thanksgiving" dinner at the hotel?

Anonymous said...

Hey Bookie. Im glad to hear you are growing and being the bigger person and not stooping down to the little kids level. Im so proud of you. I wish I can help you more when you are feeling "blah" and lonely. But Im trying. I keep saying it but I'll be there soon to keep you company. Im really looking forward to it. I know its really hard to be positive all the time over things becasue things are not always gonna go your way. But the only thing you can do is learn how to adapt and fix it. Im sorry I have been neglected you. I know I havent been the best boyfriend and communicated with you as much as I shud. The time difference can be hard, especially since you know i like to sleep. But Im trying. Im always thinking of you and praying for you and your safety and your strength. I love you very much. See you soon.
-Kory

Look Who's Reading

Where People Are Reading