Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy MLK Day!

Today was Martin Luther King, Jr Day, but in Korea, it was just another day. I don't even think most of my students know who MLK Jr is, but I don't know about half the people they tell me about, so does that make us even?
Anywho, I hope you are all doing something to remember the life of a truly remarkable man and because of him and people like him, tomorrow will be the inauguration ceremony of the first Black President of the United States. WOW! I never thought I would live to say that...but I just did. WOW!
I would love to be there. Not even in DC (cause we all know its gonna be crazy). I would just love to be in the States so that I could feel apart of the event.
To all of the Republicans out there who will see this as a day of morning, I'm sorry your guy didn't get in (no I'm not) but lets try to work together and maybe the next for years will be a little better than the last eight. And hey, maybe I will even be able to come home and find a decent job.
To all of my fellow African Americans who have decided to take off of work, school, or whatever it is you do, I hope it's because you plan on attending or watching the historic and event and because this is a new "holiday" for us (LOL).
For those of you who plan on attending/watching, my school's marching band (Hampton University if you didn't already know) will be in attendance marching in the parade. That's right...MY SCHOOL (but if they sound horrible, I don't know them from no where).
Inauguration Day is also my dad and uncle's b-day. Isn't that cool. For your birthday gift, you received the first African-American American President (confusing? just read it slow). I'm Jealous! But anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Tomorrow, I will be dressed. Brown slacks, white dress shirt, brown flats, pearls (in honor of our new First Lady). But I can't decided if I should wear my white pearls, brown pearls or my gold pearls. If I wear the gold or brown ones I won't have any earrings to wear. If I wear the brown or white ones, I can't wear my gold bangle bracelets. Any suggestions?
And for all of you who didn't know, I have a little brother (yes, I know. Off topic). He is upset because I never mention him in my blog. His name is KJ and he is 10 years old. We use to wear the same shoe size (back when he was 8 and 9), but he has continued to grow and now his feet are bigger than mine. GEESH! And yea. He bugs me, but they would be called little brothers if they didn't bug you. My mom has 5 of them and I'm sure they have all bugged her now and again if they don't still do (LOL).
Anywho. I gotta be going. Time for me to get to bed.
Until Next Time

1 comment:

E-Hop said...

Amen to the little brother thing! Lol... Sooooooo, um..... when you told me you wanted to be first lady..... does that mean you wanna be first lady of the whole entire United States?? Or just like..... first lady in general. Like if Im president of the checkers club, that would make you first lady. That counts right?? I hope so :).

I miss you very much. Cant wait to see you again. Wen you come for May, see if you can stay a while so we can have fun after graduation. Who knows..... Vegas, Bahamas, Goto sleep in Paris, wake up in Tokyo... sounds good?? Great.... if you cant stay that long, I'll just be forced to kidnap you. I dont think your mom would mind, and tell Janice dont have a cow, you'll be back wen im done with you.

Ttyl, love you bookie
-Kory

Look Who's Reading

Where People Are Reading