Sunday, September 14, 2008

Out and About in Seoul

So this weekend is Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving) and the city of Seoul is almost deserted because everyone goes to the countryside to visit relatives. Everything is deserted except for Iteawon, the biggest tourist section of Seoul. Me and a girl I trained with, Christina, don't live too far away from each other, so we met up and headed for Iteawon. It took us three trains to get there and when we walked out of the station, I thought I was in NYC. Have you ever been to Chinatown in New York? Well that's what it reminded me of. Lots of American restaurants and stores, and then you had the Korean people selling their bootleg merchandise. That's right... "Coach," "Dolce and Gabana," "Doney and Burke." You name it, they've got it. They even sell bootleg clothes.
So anyway, we went exploring. Saw the Seoul Tower (we plan on going there another time), ate at Outback (mind you, there is one down the street from me. But I had to go all the way to Iteawon to eat there. Don't ask), had some Coldstone, and just had a really good time. Did I mention all the Black people? There were a lot.
But anyway, this entry is short because I have to catch the subway to meet up with Christina. We're gonna go explore Seoul some more while its kinda empty.
I have pictures and videos of my apt, but I can't upload them until I get my monitor, but when I do, prepare for a visual overload... LOL.
Until Next Time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww you made friends lol. Im proud of you as always. Everyone keeps asking about you and I talk... well almost brag about you. Im always talking abotu you whether they ask about you or not. Thats how much I miss you and think of you and how proud I am of you. Keep on doing wat youre doing. Thanks for your prayers too, you have mine as always. Love you babygurl, be safe and have fun! See you soon
-Kory

Belles & Bulls said...

It's Ebonni... Kory's friend. He sent this to me. It's cute how supportive he is. I'm super excited for you. Enjoy every moment... until next time.

Look Who's Reading

Where People Are Reading