Sunday, December 21, 2008

Oopps!

Ok now, don't get upset with me, but...I actually forgot that I had a blog to maintain :( With the holidays literally around the corner and me trying to get ready for Kory's arrival (1 week 1 day 6 hrs and 30 minutes!), I kinda fell off. But if I may remind you...you did get two entries in one day. So technically, we're even.
I believe the last thing we talked about was the FRAUD going down at my school...yea. Can't get over that one...
Anywho, I didn't do much during the week (I don't remember so it must not have been that great if I did). Saturday was Jason (we met him a little over a month at the King's Tap in Sinchon)'s birthday. We went out to dinner in Hongdae (a really popular area next to a big university) and then went to his favorite tavern where we drank, ate some more, laughed and did the Cupid Shuffle (if you don't know, YouTube it). No one in there could Walk It Out like me if you know what I mean ;)
Today, I met with Christina and we went to Gangnam to try out the place where we are going for Christmas diner. The directions that we had were all wrong and since I hadn't eaten all day my patience were wearing thin. If you know me, you know that I am at my evilest when I'm hungry, and it seemed as though everyone in Gangnam were messing with me. I camera crew comes up to me and ask what do I think of the arcade games with the crane and you win a prize (now of coarse they didn't ask the question that well. it took about 2 minutes for us to understand what they were asking). After I gave them my answer in the most annoyed looking face I turned around a walked away. So if you're in Korea and see me on MBC, I'm a lot nicer than how I may appear. We finally found the place and it was 5:25 and they didn't open until 6. Talk about mad. However, they did let us come in and sit. The owner was very friendly and after what seemed like ages we were able to order.
After we ate (I had a delicious burger), we went to Dr Fish. Now, if you're not familiar with Korea, Dr Fish is a place where you go to have piranhas eat the dead skin off your feet. "Aren't piranhas meat eaters?" you ask. Only red-bellied piranhas are meat eaters. The rest are vegetarians (learned that in my Fall term Giga class!) First, you have to order some sort of food or drink (it was inside of a café...weird I know). I ordered a Sweet Potato Latte (if I have learned anything since being in Korea, its that Koreans love sweet potatoes and Kimchi. I'm waiting to see a kimchi latte...not that I'll drink it, I just wanna see). I was all ready and mentally prepared, but when I went to put my feet in the tank I couldn't do it. The man there gave us a couple minutes to get use to the fish and then he started our 15 minutes. I really never got use to it and only ended up putting my heels in. It tickled way too much. I'll try again another time.

*Don't my feel look fat...but those are the fish munching away*
*The view we had of Gangnam as the fish were munching*

**Silly me, I have to back track I remember 3 things that happened this week. First, I got a co-worker to call Merry Maids for me. Now, I'm not a slob, I clean my dungeon everyday, but one thing I hate to do is bathrooms. Mine isn't dirty, I just want it to get a good scrubbing. And I figured while they're at it, they can clean my windows and mop my floor. I had already look online at their prices and estimated that it would probably cost me about 20,00-30,000 won which I am more than willing to pay. So my co-worker called and they had their Korean conversation and she tells me that it is a flat rate to come and clean my entire room...150,00 won! They must be out of their D*** mind! ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND won to clean what's already clean? H*** NO! Their website is definitely false advertisement. I don't even have 150,000 worth of room to clean. That made me mad. So I just figured I would have to do the job myself.
The second thing that happened has been an ongoing problem for a couple weeks now. I'm not trying to be gross so I won't go into detail, but you know how much I love food. One day last week I noticed that a lot was going in but nothing was coming out. Now, I'm not the most regular person, but I couldn't recall when the last time I went and I was getting bad stomach and back pains and I knew that was the reason. I finally broke down and went to the pharmacy to see if I could get something to help me out because not even my Raisin Bran was working. I looked up the Korean translation for laxative on my cell phone and I show the woman at the pharmacy. She shook her head and went and got this little pink box and brought it over. Of coarse everything is written in Korean so I had no clue what it said. It felt like a bottle inside so I asked her how much should I drink. She said "oh no" and pointed to her butt...H*** NO! Nothing goes up there! NOTHING! My co-workers started to laugh and the lady go a little tickled as well. I told her tablets, pills, something other than what was currently in my hand. She took it back and gave me some pills. Geesh. What an experience. I didn't even know people still used those, but this here girl won't be.
The last thing that happened is that I went to Yongsan IPark Mall to look for a portable DVD player. I found one (more than what I wanted to pay for but since a lot of my Christmas gifts are DVDs and my friggin laptop is being uncooperative, I had to do what I had to do) and I'm back in the game again. Thank you Jesus!...and Mommie for paying for it!**
Back to where I left off
After we left Dr Fish, I went to E-mart to get my cleaning supplies since I will be doing the hard labor myself. 80,000 won for cleaning products. I can't complain because I got myself some Tide and Downy. I don't know who makes or what they put in their fabric softener here, but it leaves my clothes feeling like bricks, has made the leather label on my Express jeans bleed, and has put a hole in my favorite pair of jeans. So I am more than willing to shove out the extra money for a brand I know and trust.
I get my hair done next week! If you haven't notice, there are not many pictures of me. It's because my hair looks like who did it and ran..or who DIDN'T do it. I had my mom send me a perm (no I'm not doing it myself! I'm gonna have the lady who does my hair do it. She has perms, but since I've been using Olive Oil products, I figured I should try the Olive Oil perm. I'll let you know how it turns out.
And I already said it before but...KORY WILL BE HERE SOON!! He just finished up his Hampton collegiate career. Internship Spring Semester and Graduation in MAY! YAY! Hopefully, I will be ther to see it.
I can't really think of anything else, although I'm sure more has happened. If I remember, I'll be sure to let you know.
Until Next Time!
& Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Babygirl,

Sounds as if things are going well for you at the moment. I'm glad.

I was feeling a little melancholy, what with you not here and the way things went at church, but I had to stop and count my blessings and realize that GOD has a plan and a purpose for everything, we may not know or understand at the moment, but it will all be revealed in time.

I can't imagine how you are feeling being away from everything that's familiar to you...I'm so proud that you are going to see this through, and IT WILL get easier. Only 257 days to go...lol

I sent you a special gift to open on Christmas Day....just so you remember that you are LOVED and MISSED dearly.

Until next time....

luv and miss ya much!!!

Mommy

nikkiviolin said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS AVI!!! I hope you are doing well!! Azuree is home for a few days. I hope you have a great day. Please take care of yourself.

Look Who's Reading

Where People Are Reading