Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Stars Don't Fall on Seoul

Hello all! Not much has happened since the last time we chatted (our one way chat that is). I went to school on Friday, came home. Went to school on Saturday, went to Costco, and came home (that day of relaxing was wonderful). I went to the Coex on Sunday. We decided not to go to the aquarium. Who really wants to look at a bunch of fish?? While at the Coex, I bought some Christmas cards and I also picked up KJ and Kasey's (little brother and sister) Christmas presents. I think they're gonna like what they got (or should I say they better. lol).
After our shopping trip, we went to Butterfinger Pancakes. Butterfinger Pancakes is a small American like diner where they give you large portions and the majority of the menu is filled with breakfast entrees. The food was delicious and I stuffed my face. I had waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon, white sausage, breakfast sausage seasoned potatoes and a hot apple latte. Afterwards, all I could do is crawl home and lay out on the bed.
Monday, I went to school and came home. Tuesday, I went to school, and afterwards, I decided to go to the airport bus stop to see what time the first bus leaves for the airport. No, I'm not packing up and heading for the states (not yet anyway), but Kory will be here and his plane gets in at 5:15am!!!! I'm so excited!!! Kory is coming to town in 3 weeks and 6 days!! That's right! The countdown begins!!
So while I was traveling to the stop, I got on the wrong bus that takes me to the airport bus. So I decided to walk to where I needed to go. While walking, I observed my neighborhood and all the things that are in it. Also, I looked up at the sky and didn't see not a single star. "Well AviEllé, maybe it was cloudy out" you say? NOPE. The sky was just as clear as it wanted to be. I could see the bright moon. "Well AviEllé, you do live in a bright city" you say? Well yes I do. But I also live in a bright city in the states and I am always able to point out Orion's Belt, The Big and Little Dippers, and the North Star. "Well AviEllé, you are in Korea" you say? SO THE F*** WHAT! What the H*** does that have to do with me seeing the stars? Do they not have stars in Asia?? Come on. We are all intelligent. That is just a horrible excuse. You know what I think the reason is that I can't see the stars? Cause this is an extremely polluted city. More so than cities I know and have been to at home. I thought it was worse at home, but in NYC, when I'm at Kory's house, I can look up and see the stars as bright as day. D*** Korea! Clean it up!
My 31 days of Christmas has started!! My first three gifts, the first season of 'The Cosby Show,' 'I Love Lucy,' and a book that I've been wanting to read. I've also finished my Christmas shopping. Everything has been ordered (after a long 2 hours of figuring out how to use my Korean debit card on American sites). It feels good to have my own money to buy gift. And I can give things that I know people really want.
Anywho, I have found out that two of my students in my Wed/Sat class have ADD. No, I am not classifying them as this because they are bad. They truly have ADD. One gets up and runs out of the class and hides. Or when I turn my back, he hides under my desk. He also shouts things out like "Teacher! Give me cigarettes, Marijuana, Cocaine!" I try to keep him as quiet as possible. The other, gets up, walks around my small classroom, takes peoples things, puts them in the trash. And then sits back down as if nothing has happened. Then, the two of them proceed to wrestle in the middle of the floor while I'm teaching. Geez Louise! But if that is all I have to deal with this term, I won't complain. After school, I went to the store to get some trash bags and water.
On a more depressing note, I've started paying on my school loans...yes, I will be in debt for the next 100 years of my life :( ...unless I write a book. So that's what I've decided to do. I'm going to write a book. And if it goes well, hopefully I will be able to pay off my loans! Wouldn't that be great!! What do you think? I would love your feedback. But unfortunately, since I will be working on my manuscript, my entries will not be as frequent as they usually are. I truly apologize for this sudden abruptness, but a sista gots to do what a sista gots to do.
So that's all for now. Not much else to talk about.
Until Next Time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Babygirl,

I have to disagree with you about the stars not falling on Seoul,

a big, bright and beautiful star fell on Seoul on September 6, 2008...YOU.

I'm glad you like this semester's class better, maybe the blah Monday's are gone for good (or one can only hope) lol.

I'm also glad to hear that Everett will be with you for New Year's, I hope it will make the holidays more bearable. Enjoy your 31 days of Christmas, that should also make the holidays more bearable.

Have a great week!!!!

Luv and miss ya much!

Mommy

Alicia Duggins said...

Hello Avi!
I think this will be my first time responding to your blog. Anyways, I am glad that you are out and about in Seoul and also finding out different and amazing things about yourself while you are on this journey/mission. Please know that God had placed you here for a reason and that you are touching so many lives.
Ok so about you ADD children... I had a few kids who were not classified or given IEPs but I had a gut feeling they had ADD or ADHD so I did this activity called brain gym with them and it worked wonders!!!! They were able to sit quietly for a whole lesson, stay engaged and also participate with the rest of the children. Brain gym is also good for ESL learners too!! Here's the website for it...
http://esl.about.com/od/englishlessonplans/a/braingym.htm

Let me know how it goes!!!
Stay blessed!
Love,
Brittany Horne

Dolce said...

Hey Avi, don't be sad about not seeing stars :-) I'm sure some will surface soon. I am glad that you will be able to see your bf over the holidays! I know that will make ya happy. I have finally started packing LoL and I canNOT fit everything into 1 suitcase it is simply impossible- winter clothes are sooo bulky :-(

But I am getting more and more excited. Glad to ehar this new class is not giving you as much trouble. God bless!

Anonymous said...

Hi Bookie.... I definitely wanna goto Buterfinger Pancakes. It sounds good. So when I come, thats where we gotta go. I cant wait to see you!!!1 I forgot what you look like!And you need to handcuff them to their chairs n beat them. You dont wait for their respect, you beat it outta them. Lol. And I dont believe in ADD. Its a made up disease for financial growth, just like restles leg syndrome. WTF is that?? A bunch of crap. They just bad ass kids. A few black eyes and they'll be good as new! See you soon bookie. Take care. Be careful, dont talk to strangers and look both ways before crossing the street. I love you
-Kory

Look Who's Reading

Where People Are Reading