Friday, December 12, 2008

UGH!!!

Despite the title, this entry isn't all bad...
I don't think I've mentioned that the DVD player on my comp is dead and dell want to charge me to fix it...YEA RIGHT! You put the P*SS Poor software on my computer and now you want me to pay you for something that's your fault?? KEEP DREAMING!
So Mommie sent me my Dad's portable DVD player. It was all well and good, me watching I Love Lucy and all until it died. No biggie. I'll just plug it into my converter and charge it...NOT! As soon as I plugged that bad boy in POP!! CRACKLE CRACKLE SMOKE!!! Yup...its out of service. D***! SO now all of my Christmas DVDs are gonna go to waste. The Cosby Show, I Love Lucy, Sex and the City (The complete Series plus the movie), The Mummie, Gilmore Girls, you name it, its done. I'm glad Kory will be here with his comp in a couple of weeks. I'll have a temporary relief. Why don't I buy a Korean portable DVD player? Because they are region specific and I won't be able to play my US DVDs in the Korean DVD player. UGH! So if there is anyone out there in Korea that wants to hang out and watch some DVDs, let me know. We can make a party out of it!
Kory told me I'm getting a Christmas present but he won't tell me what it is. Now this may seem normal to you, but growing up in a house where my Mom couldn't keep secrets. So I knew about almost all of my Christmas presents (unless she just didn't say anything at all about it), surprise parties, you name it, I knew. My first party I didn't know about was my going away party. Somehow, she kept that a secret. But now they're both (Mommie and Kory) are keeping secrets from me and its driving me crazy! I have to wait 2 weeks! I know about the stuff my mom is sending, and if there is something I don't know about, she won't say "you have a surprise." She'll just wait for me to open it. But now I'm over here like a crackhead waiting for a hit off my pipe...Geez. Somebody help me. If you know what Kory got me, please tell me. It would be much appreciated!
Nothing much more to report on. Hello to all of you who read. I hope you find my blog amusing/entertaining. And if you're in Korea, Say hey. I'm not mean (contrary to what you may read) and I don't bite.
Until Next Time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Babygirl,

You just cant seem to catch a break with the electronics.

Korea is a big country, go to the electronic mart and find a dvd player and ask them to program it to region 1 so that you can play your movies. it will be part of your 31-days of Christmas.

If they wont do it get their number and I'll call them and make them an offer they cant refuse...lol

Hope you have a better weekend.

luv and miss ya much!

Mommy

Dolce said...

LoL I'll watch Sex and The City with you when I come! I already packed the movie to watch on the plane. Interestingly enough, I have a Dell too and my webcam broke. At first they wanted to charge me, some odd $100 or so to fix it but I refused because I had a 1 year warranty plan. They fixed it for free (I had to send it away) but it took them like a 1.5mos to get it right!
I wasn't aware of the DVD difference, interesting fact (hmm). Well hope you have more luck with the electronics girl. Bye :-)

Anonymous said...

These adapters suck. As long as the one for your computer doesnt burn out, then I guess you cant complain. Dont worry, you'll get your gift in two weeks.... So you'll get your fix wen i get there. I love you!
-Kory

Look Who's Reading

Where People Are Reading